Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Different Kind of Day


On Thursdays I paint with a great group of artists, led by our fearless leader and awesome artist, Linda Whitehead. Well, thanks to her, we did something totally different yesterday: SCULPY!
She had purchased a little ceramic lady in Europe years ago. She has a little pack on her back, and she is a little toothpick holder. So cute! So our challenge was to replicate her. But I felt the need to do a different kind of lady, as I couldn't see myself using a toothpick holder (although after I saw theirs, I kind of wish I had!).. Anyways, I have never used this product, and I will tell you, it was fun! My lady is more of an island elder matriarch non toothpick holder.  I love them ALL! But mostly, it was a veering off the normal, and I don't think we stopped laughing. I will do more wacky people in Sculpy!

5 comments:

  1. Sculpy! A different kind of day indeed—you surprised ME, I'll tell ya! Love these ladies one and all, and can so imagine the fun and laughter as you explored a new medium together with your friends. Jealous, I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could have been there, Dotty! Glad I inspired you. When you put a clear glaze over it, it's hard and looks like ceramic.

      Delete
  2. Spicy Mama! How fun. I have some Sculpy sitting in a drawer. Hmmm...

    These are all so cute, and I love how you added baubles to her headdress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get your sculpy out, Sheila! I can imagine what you would do! More spicy mamas are coming from this end. I have a whole box full of beads and misc stuff. Oh so much to do...so little time!

      Delete
  3. well this sculpy party looks fun! nothing like standing out from the crowd Laurie! heh heh...it is the artist in you to be sure. I think your little 'Island queen' is pretty groovy.

    ReplyDelete